3 Tips to Improve Work Efficiency
3 TIPS TO IMPROVE WORK EFFICIENCY
Modern people have always been worried
about their work efficiency. These days, there are too many disturbances
around us. The pizza your roommate ordered fills the room with a tantalizing
aroma, your neighbors are holding party in the yard and your computer is
telling you that Avril Lavigne just released her new album… Everything around
you seems to distract you from your work. But don't worry, here are some tips to
help you to keep track on your work.
1. ESTABLISH A COMFORTABLE ENVIRONMENT
Most of the disturbances come from your surroundings. So try to keep your desk clean and remove anything that can catch your attention.Take a shower or wear your favorite hoddie can also keep you in a good mood. Besides, you can play some music to get you in high tension. For my own experience, draw the curtain also helps. Darkness calms me down and makes me more concentrated.
2. DO REGULAR EXERCISE
Doing exercise is beneficial not only for your health, but also your work efficiency.
According to a scientific research, 3500 workers from different fields who were asked to do regular exercise for 35 weeks. The result showed that their work productivity increased with the improved muscle strength and decreased body mass index. The conclusion is credible as I found my concentrating time increased for an hour after I started to work out at gym.
3. EXPOSE TO THE NATURE
It heard crazy, but can be a good chance to adjust your
mood and reset you mind. Put off all those works and go on an endless journey. Feel
the warmth of sunshine, the scent from grass and the charming touch of the wind.
Take a deep breath of fresh air to refresh your brain. There can be no
destination, but just wandering and free your thoughts. This method has been
useful for me to get away those anxieties and settle in.
When you add these simple tips, you can
develop a better efficiency and productivity in the work. Which way could be a
better choice for you? What else do you usually do to keep focus?
Additional resources:
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2095254616300096
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/00140137408931340
https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1300/J075v03n04_08?src=recsys
https://www.tonyrobbins.com/business/improve-work-efficiency/
x
Great article. I especially agree with your point about working out to help with focus. I find that even though I am taking an hour or two away from my study time, I am much more effective in my studying after I have gotten some exercise. I also love the point about finding a good studying environment. For me I need somewhere quiet and clean. I always keep my room and desk clean when I am studying for a big exam otherwise I feel overwhelmed by the clutter. Overall, I love these tips!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteThank you so much for your comment. When you doing some sports, there are some dopamine produced in your mind and you will be happy and focused on your study more easily afterwards. I am glad you enjoy these tips!
DeleteThis article is so well written! I think that your use of imagery in the first paragraph really draws your audience in. I am definitely the kind of person that needs to be in a quiet work environment to truly be efficient. If I am working from my apartment or at a friend's house, I tend to get distracted very easily. I have found myself taking advantage of the library more each semester. I also enjoyed the portion of the article pertaining to nature. I think that we can all find peach and tranquility when working outside. Nature will ultimately allow us to assume a focused mindset and be productive.
ReplyDeleteI feel like I enjoy the library environment as well. And I especially agree with your view of the nature. Thank you so much!
DeleteThanks for sharing these tips. The "tantalizing aroma" really resonates with me. In my house, I live on the top floor, and whenever my roommates are cooking, the smell creeps up. It certainly gets me off track. Two other tips that you mentioned that I agree with are getting exercise and staying organized. When I have a lot of work, I often take an exercise break. Even though this may seem counter-productive, it actually helps me in the long run by increasing my productivity.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteGreat tips. I personally love to maintain a comfortable environment for where I work, and exercise is always an important part of life. Your vibrant use of imagery, accompanied by actual images, helped pique my interest about your article. The statistics in the second step shows how these tips are not just personal opinions but also backed by scientific facts. Overall, these tips will help me improve my work efficiency ten-fold!
ReplyDeleteThere is a saying in Chinese, which is "Grinding a chopper will not hold up the work of cutting firewood." Exercising is truly helpful when you are tired with your work. And thanks for your comment!
DeleteAmazing topic. It is a great topic to pick and blog about because your audience is college students. I liked the images you selected it does a great job of making the page interesting and made me want to continue reading. I liked that you numbered the the tips and that the headlining were bolded and spaced well. I especially liked the exercise tip i can see how that it can be important to help with work productivity. Overall you did an amazing job and I appreciate the tips.
ReplyDeleteThis is my post Idk why it says unknown.
DeleteAndrew Gulewicz
DeleteI am really gald that you enjoy my tips and it is truly a great way to get relaxed through exercising when you are tired with your work. Thank you so much for your comments!
DeleteThis is definitely an important topic as the amount of work college students have can be very overwhelming (and I can attest to that). I'd say that often I'm trying to optimize my own routines as much as possible so that I have more time to get tasks completed and more time to relax and destress. For me, I require music without any words and with particular atmospheres that allowed me to maintain focus on the task at hand. Specifically jarring music (like fight scene music) or directionless music like LoFi or wordless jazz can be somewhat helpful but in general simply allow for me to get lost in my thoughts. By contrast, often times movie soundtracks work really well as 'white noise' for me and sometimes even gives me the energy (from particularly inspiring or "hype" songs). As a result, my Spotify top 5 songs are the first 5 songs from the Interstellar movie soundtrack album. Similarly, I find The Martian, The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Inception, Dune (honestly anything Hans Zimmer), First Man, and some parts of Ad Astra to be very good study albums.
ReplyDeleteI love "white noise" as well and I also enjoy listening to some music that I am familiar with. Thank you so much for your comments and I really appreciate it!
Delete